I have been searching for a “formula” to clean my makeup brushes but nothing has appealed to me. I was mostly surprised to see people mixing dishwashing liquid to clean their brushes. I mean, you use brushes on your face, and cleaning them with something full of chemicals that can be toxic to your skin is not very pleasant… Thus, I decided to do my own cleaning mix and will share it with you.
Here’s what you will be needing …
- a mixing bowl
- 1 tsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of organic shampoo (or baby shampoo)
- 1 cup of warm water
- a brush egg or something similar(if you have one)
- Mix the coconut oil and shampoo very well.
- Add wam water and stir.
- Start cleaning your brushes and beauty blenders one by one.
Note: It is advisable to clean your makeup and makeup applicators at least once a week if you use them on a daily basis.