Hey guys! It’s recipe day!
Today I will be giving you a vegan recipe I got from my favorite magazine Happinez, I’m not sure whether they publish in English as well but for the French out there, essayez ce magazine qui vous apprend à vivre votre vie en paix et à trouver le bonheur ?
So, moving on, the recipe I am about to give you is a vegan snack, perfect for summer as refreshment.
For 1L of Lemonade :
- Rinse 5 yellow lemons and 3 green lemons with hot water and dry them.
- Pour 400g of brown sugar in a big salad bowl and add lemons one by one. Be sure to rub the sugar against the lemons vigorously to absorb the essential oil of the fruits.
- Pour 700ml of hot water in the salad bowl and mix until the sugar melts.
- Take out the lemons from the syrup, juice them and pour in the syrup.
- Add 5 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Cover the salad bowl with plastic foil and put in the fridge over night.
- Filter the lemonade and transfer in a nice bottle or pitcher.
Best served with some ice
You can drink the lemonade immediately or preserve it up to 3 days.
For the chips :
- Preheat oven at 180°C. Grease some greaseproof paper with olive oil and place it on an oven tray.
- Wash 1 zucchini and cut it in thin slices into a bowl.
- Mix 2 spoonfuls of parmesan with 2 spoonfuls of breading and some pepper freshly grinded if you prefer so.
- Dip each slice of zucchini thoroughly in the mixture.
- Lay each slice on the oven tray and cook for 15min. Until brownish.
- Let them cool off and serve with some thyme lemonade.