Hi lovelies, how’s your weekend so far? It was a gray morning for me but after work the sun finally showed up, and I’m wondering why is that … Must be because of me!, just kidding. Anyway, I’m finally back on being oganized, hopefully it lasts. The only reason that’s putting me behind schedule is fatigue, sadly no matter how hard I try to be active, it just doesn’t work all the time, especially with work.
Anyway, today’s blogpost is going to be about my first time using solid toothpaste (yes you can just look at the title). As you can see on the photo, the toothpaste comes in a small container pot (20g). I was lucky to test it out, because yes it is actually my first time seeing an actual solid toothpaste. It was from my March Nuoobox.
Pachamamai is a French bad, if I’m not mistaken the word means “Mother Earth” is a native language ressembling to Quechua. It’s an ethical brand promoting the use of natural and organic ingredients. For more information about this brand, you can visit their website.
Crystal Solid Toothpaste is it worth the penny?
Before receiving this product, I had no idea that solid toothpastes even existed, and frankly speaking I thought this was a chance to test it out. I wasn’t familiar of the brand as well so I was kind of going for it blindly (in a good way). A month has passed, the pot is almost finished, now I can give you my final thoughts. Is it better than your average toothpaste or not?
- Container – the first thought I had when I received this was oh wow, that’s the toothpaste?. The container was indeed small, I can put my hand into a fist around it. I find this very practical if you’re on a trip or just wanting to brush your teeth outside, it takes only little space in your bag.
- Flavor – I like my toothpaste to be refreshing, and this does just that with its minty flavor.
- Cleanliness – I can say that this definitely cleans your teeth, you can even feel and see it after brushing.
- Taste & texture – the first few days, I thought I was loving this product but, as the days pass I actually found the taste unpleasant. The taste/texture would be comparable to that of the sand and it was pretty uncomfortable for me, though I didn’t mind thanks to that minty flavoring!
- No Foam – since it’s natural, this toothpaste doesn’t foam, though I’m pretty sure, there are toothpastes made of natural ingredients that do foam. Anyway, I just couldn’t get used to this aspect …
- Content & price – this little guy, costs €12 (20g). That’s pretty pricey to be honest, at first I thought, I was going to get a refill but €12 every month for a toothpaste? I have other options.
I was pleased to try this product although I’m not very fond of it, I won’t refuse to try another brand of the same type, I can give solid tootpaste another change I guess!
Have you tried solid toothpaste before? What did you think, did you like it or nah?